Child Support Enforcement Lawyer Phoenix
Know Your Child Support Rights and Responsibilities
Child support is an important detail that divorcing parents need to resolve. The non-custodial parent generally pays the parent with primary physical custody a monthly amount which is more or less fixed by the Arizona Child Support Guidelines.
Contact an experienced family law attorney at Lasiter & Jackson, PLLC in Phoenix if you need help with the establishment, modification or enforcement of child support obligations. Our lawyers help clients with questions and problems on either side of a child support issue, and can guide you toward an efficient resolution of your problem.
In some cases, however, it is difficult to use the guidelines formula to come up with the monthly support amount. Disagreements about child support typically arise in such situations involving:
- A self-employed, seasonally employed or unemployed parent
- A child with special needs or disabilities
- Incomplete or unreliable income data for a parent
- Adjustment for visitation of the other parent
- Incomplete or unreliable data regarding daycare expenses, medical insurance, etc.
- Payment of medical/dental expenses of the child that are not covered by insurance
- Minor child income tax deductions
For situations like these, our lawyers combine our thorough knowledge of Arizona child support law with advanced skill in both negotiations and court hearings to present your case persuasively in a child support dispute.
In addition to representing your position effectively, we also take the time to make sure you understand just how child support calculations work and what we can and cannot do to adjust the guideline amount.
For additional information about child support in Arizona, discuss your situation with a family law attorney at Lasiter & Jackson, PLLC in Phoenix.