March 2019 Archives


If you have lost child custody, it means that a court has decided that your children would be better off with someone else. Maybe your ex-spouse got custody after your divorce, or child protective services removed them from your home for cause. No matter the reason, the best method of getting back custody of your children is to convince a judge that your home is now the best place for them.  See child custody 

High Conflict Divorce Cases

Identifying whether your case is a "high conflict" divorce can be surprisingly difficult. In most cases, there is some level of conflict in a divorce or parenting dispute. The question is whether a particular case has an abnormally high amount of conflict. Some examples of high conflict cases involve domestic violence, serious substance abuse, mental illness of a party, or a party that lives out of town or is seeking to relocate. On the opposite end of the spectrum are cases that are relatively amicable. Those can be resolved with little time, energy and expense.

Changing or Modifying Your Child Custody Orders

In order to file to change or modify an existing court order divorce decree modifications, a parent must generally wait an entire year from the date the last parenting time order was entered. There are a few exceptions to this rule. If it is an emergency, such as significant domestic violence, spousal abuse or a child is in imminent danger, a parent may file at any time. If the other parent is not complying with the existing orders, you are only required to wait six months.

Get In Touch

Request a meeting today – we can help you resolve your legal concerns

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Avvo | Clients' Choice | 2016  | Family Avvo Rating | Excellent | Featured Attorney | Family